I’ve spent a lot of time lately thinking about the new year… 2011. For the first time in a really long time I am excited for Jan 1st to get here. I have this feeling that I’m going to wake up New Year’s day and feel refreshed… excited… ready to make this year count. Whenever I think about the year that just passed it seems to be a blur. There are many things that I wanted to do, and didn’t. There are many things I wish I could take back, and can’t. There are memories that get jumbled in with the rest and I can’t even remember what year it happened.
Here are my goals for 2011:
1) Try a new recipe at least once a week. I have a stock pile of recipes waiting to be tried, and it’s time I try them. I can throw out the ones I didn’t really care for, keep the ones that I do, and maybe get rid of a binder or two that is cluttering up my pantry.
2) Exercise at least 4 times a week. I would really like to say five, but I don’t want to start off strong and then fail to meet my goal once and give up. If I start out a little small, and decide to do five days a week, well than that’s just great.
3) Record. I’m a list maker. A calendar keeper, and I want to record my progress. I want to be able to look at a calendar and see the goals that I have met, and if there is something I need to work on… well, I’ll be able to see it
4) Work on me… mentally and physically. I’ve shared on my blog that I suffer from depression and anxiety. I usually have it under control, but there are those times where I fall… and I fall far. I want to work on me, and what makes me happy. Sometimes I need to step back and figure out what makes ME happy. I need to focus on me and Justine. If that means not going out for a while, than that’s what I need to do. I want to be the happiest, healthiest person I can be, and to do that sometimes I just need to focus on what’s important and leave all the little things behind.
5) Don’t get discouraged if I slip and fall at times. I’m not perfect. I can’t do it all. I know what I want, but that doesn’t mean I’ll always do what I have to do to get there.
Those are my top five goals for the year. I really want to focus on me this year. This will be my first year in my 30’s, so I have to make it count, right? I’m going to love blogging, keeping track of my goals, getting the support when I’m down, reading other’s blogs for inspiration.
This will be my year. I just know it!