***Warning*** This is kind of a random post.
I was sitting at work today thinking about my favorite stores, like Target that has everything.
Which lead me to think about if I was ever stuck in a store, what store would I want to be stuck in… Target.
Does anyone remember the movie Where The Heart Is?
Natalie Portman plays a girl who ends up pregnant. Her mean and nasty boyfriend leaves her at the Wal-Mart and with no where to go she ends up living inside of the Wal-Mart. She kept track of everything she used there, I guess thinking that she would pay the store back. She ends up going into labor in the Wal-Mart, and thankfully a guy liked her and had been watching her going into the store and ends up saving her. When Justine was little she would watch this movie almost everyday. Now when it’s on TV I get excited and she tells me to turn it cause it’s boring. Ahhh… growing up… got to love it.
No offense Wal-Mart, but I would’ve walked until I found a Target. I just ❤ Target.
We’ve been having a love affair for a very long time.
It all began when I started working there for the summer when I was fresh out of high school. I was a cashier, and being a cashier I got to see all the things being rung up for really cheap prices. Then during my breaks I would stroll around the store locating all the treasures hidden in the store.
Clearance+discounts= happy Kristi
It was because of my time working there that I began to have a system on how to shop in Target.
Does anyone else have a system when they go shopping?
1) Check out the dollar section located in the front of the store.
2) Next go by children’s clothing and hit up the clearance racks. Poor Justine doesn’t get clothes unless they are marked down. I send her to third grade in last season’s clothes. *hanging my head* I’m so ashamed.
3) Onto shoes. Most of the shoes I own have been purchased from Target for under $10. I do have a few pair of shoes that may have been like $12, $15, or $50, but don’t tell Justine. I bought these shoes with the money that I saved from buying her clothes on clearance.
4) Women’s clothing… I only look at the 50% to 75% off racks. Some days I feel like scouring the racks. Other days I just glance seeing if anything jumps out at me.
5) I swing by the baby section. Though I don’t have a baby anymore I still like to see what deals are to be had. Don’t ask me why.. I’m curious.
Next my system gets tricky.. do I go to electronics or toys? I start thinking that whatever section I don’t pick I will miss some crazy deal that someone walking through a few minutes before me will find. Don’t say it. I know I have a problem.
6) I scurry to electronics looking for their DS or Wii games. I’m telling you, you can find the best deals there. My closet is full of games for my niece and nephew for their birthday’s and Christmas. I love when I start crossing people off the Christmas list before summer.
7) I have to back track a little to get back to get to the toy section hitting up a few end caps of clearance items. Come to think of it Justine only gets toys that are on clearance too. Poor girl.
I think this is a picture of her crying because she couldn’t get any toys cause nothing good was marked down.
8) Next up seasonal.. depending if it’s the beginning or ending of the seasonal items depends on if your going to see those magic red stickers. I do a drive by.
9) I circle the home goods section because you can never have too many towels, blankets, rugs, picture frames, or organizing bins that if it says the write price it will end up in my cart.
10) I swing by stationary.
11) Hit up the food sections clearance… sometimes they have the best items there.
By this time I’m panting from running around the store trying to get to each department before anyone else, that I have just enough energy to check out.
At least I’m walking out the door with a smile on my face.